Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Project

As I stated previously in my posts about my project, I investigated framing mechanisms on how one can capture time. This was an attempt to further understand how things exist in time and space. The idea was to explore a way to frame a certain period of time that has elapsed in a manner that allowed the viewer to understand what has occurred over that period. I have always been fascinated with images that show change. I developed images that are composed of multiple images that were taken over the period of a couple weeks. The end product actually contain over 20 images each.

From these images I was able to construct small, time lapse videos that show the change as well.

The first one here is of a flowing blooming.




The second of is an ice cube melting into a shot glass.





The Melting Ice Cube



This is a video compiling 12 consecutive videos of the rose opening.






No comments: